1. This is a watering hole.
2. Posters are herding animals.
3. The commodity is human communication.
4. Posters have different requirements for the amount and 'brand' of communication. (social, comedy, intellect, controversy)
5. There is a limited amount of physical force with which members can intimidate and exclude others.
6. There are other watering holes, as the absense of older alumni indicates.
7. This is how Democracy works.
8. Some people don't like Democracy because of point #5.
9. Point #8 was not personally directed at X, but it's worth a chuckle if X thinks so.
10. Point #9 is not to indicate that I don't hold X in the highest regard. I do.
11. S reminds me of Timoides (James Mason) in "Fall of the Roman Empire" (with Alec Guiness), who stood upon a wagon and implored the people of Britainia to keep peace amongst themselves and look to the marvelous future they shared. He got speared in the back.
12. The people who speared Timoides in point #11 are the same kind of people aluded to in point #5.
13. Point #11 is not specifically aluding to X, or any alumni from the Golden Age.
14. Visionaries like Timoides are inherently dangerous To established, long-held status quo, and are endangered By the types in point #5.
15. Fortunately for S, in this Virtual forum, he shouldn't likely be experiencing a spear in his back anytime soon.
16. However, as democracy and technology are integrated, forums such as this that bring together infinite minds without enforced label of pigment, gender, age, affiliation, or shoe size demonstrate the importance of individual political ability in the electronic environment.
17. This Forum is just a playground for the future.
18. But then slackers already know they'll be playing forever, don't they?
19. Point #18 was not to imply that Y or Z are not concerned by the political process and the destiny of the planet. I'm sure they are.
20. Obey your thirst. Nike.
[ by Hernault (edited 12-25-1999).]"
"and so this is Christmas"
On behalf of all phoenixes, I would like to lodge a protest with the Fantastical Animals Commission Taskforce (FACT). Why should phoenixes be singled out scapegoats who are solely responsible for everything that goes right with the JC? This is a highly biased point of view. On behalf of the Phoenix Liberators Against Stereotyping, Typecasting Etc (Registered Except in Delaware) (PLASTERED), I demand that other mythological animals be given at least as much responsibility and airtime for things that go right as phoenixes.
signed, The Phoenix Liberators: Not Everything That Goes Right Is Our Fault.